Monday, May 16, 2011

Sholapur - Pune -Look for another road

All those travelling by road between Sholapur and Pune better look for alternate roads for sometime. It took me about 7 hours to get from Sholapur to Pune, a distance of 250 kms. Most of the delays are because of the new four laning that is going on now- and will probably go on for a year at least before they become manageable. There is bumper to bumper traffic, and most times we travelled at speeds of 10 kmph thanks to a bullock cart leading our convoy. Since the roads are so narrow we have to wait for a break in traffic. It drives you nuts!

I have now decided to find alternate routes on the state highways for this distance even if it  a bit longer. I will post my new route and its condition when I travel by it later this week.

No comments: