Saturday, March 24, 2012

Anjali - But You Must Love Everyone

When I tease Anjali these days with 'I love you so much and I love only you in this world' she gets pretty distressed at my obvious lack of understanding at how it all works. She comes by and tells me patiently that I must not love her alone.

'You must love everyone Nannna. Otherwise people won't love you.' And to drive home her point she says further. 'See, I love you but I love everybody else also na. I love Mamma, Mythily atta, Manasi, Chimu, Baba (and a long list) ...also. Like that you must also love everyone.'

I act like I got it and after a while again tell her that I love only her. Hands on her hips she is back. 'Arre, how many times should I tell you Nanna. You must love everyone.' You can tell by her concern that she really thinks I might lose out on this wisdom and remain unloved.

And so it is true. From the lips of a young lady to the wisest of the wise - we must love everyone to feel the love that binds us. To find peace and to find ourselves. Another of those fine lessons from Anjali to me.

2 comments:

Rajendra said...

Good one. Hope you understood!

Harimohan said...

Raja, Need to practice it first (without getting into trouble).