Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Anjali - Kindness Gets The Vote

I was checking with Anjali on the various attributes that she likes in teachers. 'Do you like teachers who are strict or those who are lenient?' I asked. (I had to explain what lenient meant in a way that I am not sure she understood.) She tried to get her mind around what I was getting at and after some thought she responded.

'I like teachers who are kind,' she said.

This is not the first I heard a child say this. I heard another friend mention the same attribute that their child had also wished for in teachers - kindness. It's interesting to see how children perceive the presence or lack of kindness.

The more I think of it the more kindness appears to be a quality one should aspire for. Thanks Anjali and all you children who voted for kindness.

No comments: