Monday, January 20, 2014

Thought For The Day - Importance of Feeling Good, Hold Your Passions Close

I realized this the other day when I played cricket after a long while. Bowling off two paces was nothing to write home about but the very fact that I could bowl, do one of the things I love the most, gave me such a high that I feel empowered to do anything now. Why did I stop playing despite my injury? Could I not have batted at least?

So with music. I love playing my own music and losing myself, singing along. I did a correction the other day and it was a fun evening in every way. Travel, friends, reading, cinema, laughter - there are several things that make me feel good and I wonder why I do not indulge myself more often. In fact I was reading somewhere that one of the great causes of happiness is planning to travel - planning mind you, not actually travelling. Apparently the very fact that you plan a holiday makes you feel good. So with life I guess. You need not really play great - but the very fact that you played could make you feel good.

Go then and indulge in your passion - even if it's just a little. If you find your life dipping a bit on the energy and fun side I suggest you look back and check out whether you are in touch with your passions. If not, stay in touch. Get that old dong out, the old movie, go on that small outing, play that game, meet that gang that makes you laugh...it can put a whole new perspective back into your life.

No comments: