Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Sunday Cricket Lessons - Release High!

For a long time, I stopped releasing the ball at its highest point and started hitting it. Suddenly I discovered the benefits of releasing it at the highest point. Ah, it makes the ball do so much more.

To put things in order, the stuff I learned from the past few months of research is as follows

1) hands high up on the chest helped me get side on easily, helped me look over my shoulder
2) rhythmic run up while running in (instead of a slow one)
3) jump and turning into position (instead of no jump)
4) holding the action for a moment before release
5) Releasing at the highest point (instead of pushing the ball)
6) Finishing strongly

Some benefits like more pace, more nip, more penetration. Feels better. Almost there.

No comments: